ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 20 of 23«12181920212223»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 30.07.2016, 13:34 | Message # 1
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you updated your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all issues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing graphics card-specific issues

If you do not know which graphics card (chip) do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Intel HD: Black screen

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

7) Problems with very high resolution displays

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:

•  
    TheAstrobiologistDate: Saturday, 29.10.2016, 20:22 | Message # 286
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    United States
    I have a little problem. Whenever I enter an atmosphere the diffraction spikes of the parent star completely disappear. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Why fear our insignificance in the Universe? Because of it we have infinite wonders to explore, and it gives us the freedom to make what we want of our lives.

MosfetDate: Saturday, 29.10.2016, 20:30 | Message # 287
    World Builder
    Group: Users
    Italy
    TheAstrobiologist,
    Quote SpaceEngineer ()
    If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

wink

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Douglas N. Adams
    My mods
    Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Saturday, 29.10.2016, 20:31

TheAstrobiologistDate: Saturday, 29.10.2016, 20:58 | Message # 288
    Observer
    United States
    I believe this is what you're looking for?
    Attachments: 3485093.log(48Kb) · 2439137.jpg(115Kb)

Why fear our insignificance in the Universe? Because of it we have infinite wonders to explore, and it gives us the freedom to make what we want of our lives.

MosfetDate: Saturday, 29.10.2016, 21:15 | Message # 289
    World Builder
    Italy
    yes, thanks. It's RS 8474-1798-7-532679-653? The fourth planet, I guess?
    Edit:
    mmm no.
    Anyway diffraction spikes can be influenced by the atmosphere thickness, like, for real. Make sure you're using the last driver update for your graphic card.

Douglas N. Adams
    My mods

Edited by Mosfet - Saturday, 29.10.2016, 21:40

MosfetDate: Sunday, 30.10.2016, 16:18 | Message # 290
    World Builder
    Italy
    I was checking the Pistol Star incorrect data, when I realized that the coordinates reported in Info window are wrong, but RA and Dec assigned in Stars.sc are correct.
    The same star has correct coordinates reported in Info window in SE 0974 RC3.

SE 0974 RC3:

SE 0980:

Edit:

Try this:

Go to the Sun;
    Search and select Pistol Star;
    Press I: RA/Dec are correct.

Pick a random star, Go there;
    Search and select Pistol Star;
    Press I: RA/Dec are different.

Am I missing something? Is the frame of reference changing with camera position? It's like this by design and I missed such a big thing?

Attachments: 6713127.jpg(244Kb) · 9956814.jpg(257Kb)

Douglas N. Adams
    My mods

Edited by Mosfet - Sunday, 30.10.2016, 16:54

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 30.10.2016, 17:10 | Message # 291
    Star Engineer
    Group: Local Moderators
    Germany
    Quote Mosfet ()
    Is the frame of reference changing with camera position? It's like this by design and I missed such a big thing?

Yes.
    The the 'Right ascension' and 'Declination' displayed in the info window have nothing to do with the position of the star viewed from the earth.
    They refer to the camera position from which the star is viewed.

Attachments: 3700469.jpg(299Kb) · 2075594.jpg(300Kb) · 7012675.jpg(293Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 30.10.2016, 18:00 | Message # 292
    Pioneer
    United States
    Quote Mosfet ()
    Anyway diffraction spikes can be influenced by the atmosphere thickness, like, for real. Make sure you're using the last driver update for your graphic card.

It's not just TheAstrobiologist, I get that too; diffraction spikes completely disappear when at "sea level" of an atmosphere. This happens with all atmosphere models.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

MosfetDate: Sunday, 30.10.2016, 18:19 | Message # 293
    World Builder
    Italy
    Quote JackDole ()
    Yes.

Well, it makes perfect sense and I wonder how I could miss this for so long... thanks JackDole

Douglas N. Adams
    My mods

FireintheholeDate: Tuesday, 01.11.2016, 10:35 | Message # 294
    Pioneer
    Group: Translators
    Sweden
    Quote gamadh ()
    when I get on the surface of a planet the sun disappears

Happens to me too, but only when auto-exposure is on. Turning it off will solve it.

Also, only for planets with atmosphere.

Love SpaceEngine!

Edited by Fireinthehole - Tuesday, 01.11.2016, 10:35

FSchollbrockDate: Tuesday, 01.11.2016, 12:28 | Message # 295
    Observer
    Germany
    Hey Guys smile
    First of all i got to say that this Engine finally made one of my Dreams come true, so i wanted to Thank you for this amazing Experience with this Engine.
    The Engine works pretty fluent and looks Pretty but i got a big Problem with the Star Coronas.
    In the Net i saw plenty of Videos and Screens where Stars got a nice animated Corona.
    Sadly this isnt working in my Version. All i get is:

Of course i searched in this Forum and found old Posts about incompatible Drivers from Nvidia, so i updated my Driver from 372.70 to 375.70. Still the same Problem so i checked if the "Working Driver" from Forum is still available for Download but then i saw that it is only compatible till Win 8.1

I also Reserved more VRam for the Engine in its Config and setted Stuff like LOD to 2 (i know it shouldnt affect the Corona but still worth a try)

I uploaded my SE.log File so you might be able to check out what Problem i got.

My Hardware Spec
    AMD FX-4100 @ 4x 4.2GHZ
    Gigabyte GA 970A-UD3
    2x4GB Corsair Vengence RAM with 1600
    Palit Geforce GTX 750TI Storm X Dual with 2GB VRAM
    Windows 10 64Bit Pro

I really Hope you can solve this Problem

Greetings and Have a Nice Day
    Flo

Attachments: 5508852.jpg(204Kb) · 3462392.log(494Kb)

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 01.11.2016, 16:58 | Message # 296
    Star Engineer
    Group: Local Moderators
    Germany
    FSchollbrock,
    the reason may be this message in the log file:
    Code

[MT] Loading  shader "data/shaders/Shaders0980.pak/sun_flare_ghost.glsl" (defines: MODULATE)
    [MT] WARNING: seextureGenerator::Init(): PlanetTextureRes is not power of two, value 256 is used

Something is wrong.

Re-install Space Engine.

If possible, not on drive 'C:'.
    Because, there are also these messages:
    Code

[MT] Saving  script "config/main-user.cfg"
    [MT] ERROR: Permission denied
    [MT] ERROR: Script::Load(): Can't create the file "config/main-user.cfg"

This occurs when Windows denies access rights.
    You must then start SE as an administrator, or install the program somewhere where you have full access rights.

Don't forget to look here.

FSchollbrockDate: Wednesday, 02.11.2016, 19:40 | Message # 297
    Observer
    Germany
    No i just killed the write rights for the mainuser.cfg myself since i dont want to switch back to auto exposure mode 1 by gui when im using 2 by config. thats why it gives me that error.

About that shader loading error yeah i used 420 instead of 256 to improve quality.
    i will check it out and see if this fixed my issue

EDIT: OK reinstall on drive D no fix + setting it back to 256 or 512 fixed the error message but didnt fix the solar corona :/

Added (02.11.2016, 19:40)
    ---------------------------------------------
    NVM i fixed it myself smile Auto Exposure 2 overbrightend my Flares so they werent as good as unseeable. Now its awesome smile

Edited by FSchollbrock - Wednesday, 02.11.2016, 18:04

rotten_apples2eatDate: Wednesday, 02.11.2016, 21:24 | Message # 298
    Observer
    Pirate
    auto exposure on with diffraction spikes on causes the sun(s) to completely disappear in every system on every world when approaching the surface. I first noticed it on Pluto but it happens on procedural planets too.

This has been mentioned a few times by others above, but I had not seen any solutions.

I have a fresh install of 9.8.0 drivers up to date GTX 970

PlutonianEmpireDate: Wednesday, 02.11.2016, 21:54 | Message # 299
    Pioneer
    United States
    Is anyone seeing a comeback of the issues with the 3d water? It seems to turn itself off after an extended time away from water-bearing worlds. Its hard to reproduce on my end. Usually it turns itself of after several startup/exit cycles for me.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

pja1701Date: Sunday, 06.11.2016, 20:11 | Message # 300
    Observer
    Netherlands
    Hi all,

I had 9.8.0 running with no problems until a recent Windows 10 update. Now I've noticed a few issues cropping up:

1) Consistently crashes when I exit
    2) Occaisionally crashes while close to a procedural planet surface (although not so often that I can reliably reproduce it).
    3) 3D water surface no longer ripples - that is, a rippled surface is there, but does not move.

I have the latest Nvidia drivers (I noticed that there were two updates in quick succession after the Win10 update, which is probably not a coincidence ;-) ). But even with the latest one, I still get the crashes.
    I've looked through the troubleshooting advice at the beginning of the thread, including turning off the Nvidia thread optimization and increasing the minimum amount of video memory in the config file, but no luck.

My system:
    i7-6500U 2.5GHz, 8GB RAM
    NVidia GTX950M

Attachments: 6059498.log(51Kb)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
    Page 20 of 23«12181920212223»
    Search: