[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 208 of 221«12206207208209210220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
terrellaw1999Date: Monday, 11.07.2016, 01:04 | Message # 3106
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
@abyssoft I have an Intel HD Graphics 3000 card and various Intel drivers, all up to date.

abyssoftDate: Monday, 11.07.2016, 01:47 | Message # 3107
Space Tourist
Group: Users
United States
@Observerhow much for shared memory?
I have found when I use my Intel Card instead of the AMD card I need to ensure it is configured for at least 512 mb otherwise I get unusual behaviors and artifacts. If you modify the config file to be as little resource intensive as you can and clear the cache and let it rebuild the shaders, you might have better performance if you are below the 512 mb mark.

found a link on tomshardware that may give an option not sure if that will help but... link

Edited by abyssoft - Monday, 11.07.2016, 01:52

ShadowRaikouDate: Monday, 11.07.2016, 06:02 | Message # 3108
Astronaut
India
I have an issue with .pak addons, and it's definitely just me, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

If I download anybody else's RC3 addons in .pak files and drop them in the addons folder, they work! But when I make my own pak file with the exact same internal file structure, it doesn't work. Am I doing it wrong? Making .pak files in a wrong manner? I take the catalogs folder and make a .zip archive through 7zip, then rename it to .pak. Doesn't seem to work.

JackDoleDate: Monday, 11.07.2016, 11:25 | Message # 3109
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
ShadowRaikou,
can you post an example of one of your own .pak files?
Or, if this is not possible, an image of the file structure.

Don't forget to look here.

ShadowRaikouDate: Monday, 11.07.2016, 11:50 | Message # 3110
Astronaut
India
JackDole, That's strange. Suddenly my .pak files started working. I didn't change anything at all though, not one thing. surprised

hanvulansiaDate: Monday, 11.07.2016, 22:17 | Message # 3111
Observer
Spain
Quote terrellaw1999 ()
@abyssoft I have an Intel HD Graphics 3000 card and various Intel drivers, all up to date.

The problem with that card, besides weakness is that Intel didn't upgrade OpenGL further than 3.1 so SE it's not working anymore up to 0.9.7.1

abyssoftDate: Monday, 11.07.2016, 22:22 | Message # 3112
Space Tourist
United States
@Observer from hanvulansia I'm guessing you will be stuck with 0.9.7.1 8(.

I guess your only real option will be to do an upgrade via an External Video Card. How to transform your laptop into a gaming powerhouse with an external graphics card might help.

parameciumkidDate: Tuesday, 12.07.2016, 01:59 | Message # 3113
Explorer
United States
Pleased to report that after sucking it up and taking the plunge into Windows 10, SpaceEngine continues to run smoothly!

Oddly, the stars and their diffraction spikes seem like they're brighter now, but I'm not completely certain and I'm not about to re-image my PC twice to make sure. I dunno if that's been discussed already or not :shrug:

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 12.07.2016, 19:54 | Message # 3114
Pioneer
United States
I just noticed that tide locked planets in RC 3 no longer have clouds on the night side. Is this normal?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 13.07.2016, 11:23 | Message # 3115
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
I just noticed that tide locked planets in RC 3 no longer have clouds on the night side. Is this normal?

Yes, according to new climate models.

VoekoevakaDate: Wednesday, 13.07.2016, 21:15 | Message # 3116
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
I tried to place myself at 1UA from Deneb, but I noticed a glitvh on the altitufr vounyrt : it jumps from 0.11 to 1.10.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

n0b0dyDate: Thursday, 14.07.2016, 09:34 | Message # 3117
Explorer
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Updated RC3 is in Steam

So if I download the steam version and copy-paste all RC3 default sub-folders (except the addon one) from the steam folder to my independent RC3 folder, will I have the most updated RC3 with the latest fixes?
Is it possible to do that in the 1st place? Maybe steam has some short of copy/write protection that doesn't allow copying from its internal folders unsure

I dont have steam key sad forget my stupid question...

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
2) Solar system textures are repacked to use with new addons system

My addon texture/planet folder is about ~35GB. Do I need to re-download the whole ultra+HD textures again ? %)
please tell me that I don't have to.. pleaase :'(

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
3) Changed config files structure and behaviour

If I think I understand this correctly, this means that if I have a modified main.cfg and user.cfg it will be updated with a new patch when it comes out and my modifications will be retained/transferred to the new updated config folder after updating?
That would be really cool!

Edited by n0b0dy - Thursday, 14.07.2016, 10:45

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 14.07.2016, 10:45 | Message # 3118
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Voekoevaka ()
but I noticed a glitvh on the altitufr vounyrt

lolwut?

Quote n0b0dy ()
So if I download the steam version and copy-paste all RC3 default sub-folders (except the addon one) from the steam folder to my independent RC3 folder, will I have the most updated RC3 with the latest fixes?
Is it possible to do that in the 1st place? Maybe steam has some short of copy/write protection that doesn't allow copying from its internal folders

Yes, but it is piracy smile Future updates will have protection against this.

Quote n0b0dy ()
My addon texture/planet folder is about ~35GB. Do I need to re-download the whole ultra+HD textures again ?
please tell me that I don't have to.. pleaase

First, the downloads on the website wasn't updated! I prepared repacked pak files, but didn't upload them yet. I will do that after official 0.974 release.
You may repack your old addons yourself, or leave them in data/textures/planets, this still works. But some planet textures has been updated: Mercury, Mars, Ceres, Vesta, moons of Saturn, Pluto and Charon. You may download them only when I release updated addons. If you decided to repack other planets, I suggest to install some RAM-disk software, and unzip/zip pak files there (without compression of course - compression have no sense because png is already zip-compressed format).

Quote n0b0dy ()
If I think I understand this correctly, this means that if I have a modified main.cfg and user.cfg it will be updated with a new patch when it comes out and my modifications will be retained/transferred to the new updated config folder after updating?
That would be really cool!

Yes. There is not user.cfg anymore, all settings except last user position are in the main-*.cfg (main-def.cfg is default config shipped with update, main-user.cfg is user config which is not being overwritten, but "patched" with possible new parameters introduced in updated main-def.cfg). User position are saved in separate config save-def.cfg and save-user.cfg.

JCandeiasDate: Thursday, 14.07.2016, 20:16 | Message # 3119
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Portugal
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()

Yes, according to new climate models.

This reminded me.

In one of my systems, I have this planet:

Here's what's going on here: this planet orbits a low mass brown dwarf, which in turn orbits a K-class star. At 1.43 AU. Consequently, nearly all of its lighting and a large chunk of its heat comes not from the brown dwarf, but from the K star. Since it is tidally locked with its primary, the program assumes the typical duality of warm tidally locked planets, with a vast ice cap on the far side and normal land and sea on the near side. However, since there's a lot of heat coming from the main star and a normal day/night (albeit relatively long, at 3.3 days) cycle, this shouldn't be so. This planet's weather should be complicated, warmer on the near side than on the far side, but not dramatically so, and there should not be a far-side ice cap. Simplifying, this should be very similar to a rotating planet; if you don't simplify, there should probably be polar caps, lopsided towards the far side.

Would it be complex to adjust the program to treat a bit more correctly such situations?

Attachments: 3547397.jpg(174Kb)

They let me use this!

Edited by JCandeias - Thursday, 14.07.2016, 20:17

kevdogeDate: Friday, 15.07.2016, 10:15 | Message # 3120
Observer
Group: Newbies
Australia
Please allow an option to revert the left mouse click+drag direction back to previous versions.
The method of dragging to aim like a first-person shooter game makes more sense. The 0.974 method of click+dragging the "content" is less intuitive. Please allow an option to switch this behaviour, also I'm curious about what your reasoning is.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 208 of 221«12206207208209210220221»
Search: