[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
ProteusDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 14:20 | Message # 2896
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
- Disabling procedural planets altogether does not update live for many systems at a distance (outside the system I am in).

What do you mean?

I'm currently a earth. I click on some stars that actually some procedural planets (one has 12 of them). I then go into the window to turn off procedural planets. I disable all procedural planets, close the window, and click around the same stars. They are still showing as having their procedural planets. I hit f2 and can still browse all of them.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
- After setting the left panel to auto-hide, I cannot get it to appear again when touching the left edge of the screen.

Not true for me. Do you have a second screen in left side of the main? Did you touch the left-bottom side of the screen? On 1080p screen this panel appear to be slightly below the screen middle line.

My laptop screen is currently damaged so I cannot use it. Instead I'm using an external monitor that is a duplicate of the original screen. But even when the SE window is not maximized, touching my mouse to the left edge of the window does not trigger the panel. It does trigger the right panel fine, as well as all the bottom ones.

MosfetDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 14:43 | Message # 2897
World Builder
Italy
Quote Proteus ()
I'm using an external monitor

If the monitor has some control keys, have you tried to use the auto-adjust function or a reset of parameters?

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

ProteusDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 15:07 | Message # 2898
Explorer
United States
Quote Mosfet ()
If the monitor has some control keys, have you tried to use the auto-adjust function or a reset of parameters?

I presume if it had something to do with the monitor, then when the window isn't in fullscreen, the edge of the program window would trigger the panel. Alas, it doesn't. It triggers all the others, but not that one. This leads me to believe it's not an issue associated with the monitor.

Ed1956Date: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 15:59 | Message # 2899
Observer
Group: Newbies
Philippines
Here are some things I have noticed.

1. The gas giants seem to lack moons. Saturn has 31 moons only (should be 62).
The other gas giants have only few lacking moons: Jupiter lacks four moons (should be 67); Uranus lacks one moon (Perdita); Neptune lacks one moon (S2004 N 1).

2. Found a system. Its planets are too hot but the dwarf they are orbiting at is very cold. Is it normal?

Attachments: 4225771.png(85.7 Kb)

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 18:54 | Message # 2900
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Proteus ()
I'm currently a earth. I click on some stars that actually some procedural planets (one has 12 of them). I then go into the window to turn off procedural planets. I disable all procedural planets, close the window, and click around the same stars. They are still showing as having their procedural planets. I hit f2 and can still browse all of them.

This is normal, planet browser ignores that show/hide settings. System in SE can be either fully cataloged or fully procedural, mixed is impossible. So this buheviour have no sense - you will see a star with no planets in browser.

Quote Proteus ()
My laptop screen is currently damaged so I cannot use it. Instead I'm using an external monitor that is a duplicate of the original screen. But even when the SE window is not maximized, touching my mouse to the left edge of the window does not trigger the panel. It does trigger the right panel fine, as well as all the bottom ones.

What value is under LockMainPanel in the user.cfg?

Quote Ed1956 ()
1. The gas giants seem to lack moons. Saturn has 31 moons only (should be 62).
The other gas giants have only few lacking moons: Jupiter lacks four moons (should be 67); Uranus lacks one moon (Perdita); Neptune lacks one moon (S2004 N 1).

If you would like to see all moons, you are welcome: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-2789-1
Complete catalog of Solar system moons could be good next community addon after complete catalog of binary asteroids.

Quote Ed1956 ()
2. Found a system. Its planets are too hot but the dwarf they are orbiting at is very cold. Is it normal?

Hm, it could be an error in catalog, I'll check.

Brett001Date: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 19:35 | Message # 2901
Space Pilot
Hungary
I have a problem. Those favorite locations (planets/moons), which I saved in RC2, in RC3 "object not found." sad Why?

Edited by Brett001 - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 19:37

ShadowRaikouDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 19:37 | Message # 2902
Astronaut
India
Don't know if this is a bug or if this is to be expected, but I accidentally installed RC3 in the same folder as RC2, which is fine, but somehow deleted everything in my addons folder, including the addons I've been working on. =(

Probably shouldn't have have installed in the same location, but this still shouldn't happen, right? The vanilla installation directory has an empty addon folder, and shouldn't actually overwrite the old one.

DanielMCHDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:43 | Message # 2903
Observer
Spain
I've noticed something quite annoying while editing a planet's surface color. It seems like the color of the planet's clouds depends on the values in the parameter colorDesert:

colorDesert (0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000)

colorDesert (1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 0.000)

This has been happening for the last few versions.

OstariskDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 23:29 | Message # 2904
Pioneer
Australia
Why is it that whenever I export a T_ V class brown dwarf...

why, just why???

Attachments: 4645015.jpg(160.4 Kb)

My mods

Edited by Ostarisk - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 23:29

SpaceHopperDate: Thursday, 23.06.2016, 01:46 | Message # 2905
Explorer
United States
Hey, I have a brilliant idea that could make people appreciate planemos and planets orbiting black holes more: implement a Flashlight, with customizable radius, brightness, and color. It would be cool to see what a rogue planet would look like under different suns.

3.14% of all seafarers are PIrates.
Got Mole Problems? Call Avogadro at 602-1023
Google Search my picture to discover whom it depicteth.

schrodingers_catDate: Thursday, 23.06.2016, 02:11 | Message # 2906
Observer
United States
Quote Brett001 ()

Config directory --> main.cfg ----> GUIPlanThumbSize 120 ----> Increase this value (example 200)

Nothing changed. Windows 10 issue?

Edited by schrodingers_cat - Thursday, 23.06.2016, 02:12

PlutonianEmpireDate: Thursday, 23.06.2016, 02:51 | Message # 2907
Pioneer
United States
Quote ShadowRaikou ()
Don't know if this is a bug or if this is to be expected, but I accidentally installed RC3 in the same folder as RC2

That happened in the installer, I think. When I downloaded the setup file and ran it, the default installation folder in the "install to:" field was incorrectly labelled to RC 2 instead of creating a new RC 3 folder. Strange that I forgot to post this error sooner. wacko

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Brett001Date: Thursday, 23.06.2016, 08:25 | Message # 2908
Space Pilot
Hungary
Quote schrodingers_cat ()
Nothing changed. Windows 10 issue?

Yes, but in the meantime, I discovered that it only changes the size of the planet system menu. (F2) Another GUI...unfortunately I don't know.

Edited by Brett001 - Thursday, 23.06.2016, 08:26

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 23.06.2016, 09:14 | Message # 2909
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote ShadowRaikou ()
Probably shouldn't have have installed in the same location, but this still shouldn't happen, right? The vanilla installation directory has an empty addon folder, and shouldn't actually overwrite the old one.

What? Do you say what installer cleared up the addons folder? This is impossible...

Quote DanielMCH ()
I've noticed something quite annoying while editing a planet's surface color. It seems like the color of the planet's clouds depends on the values in the parameter colorDesert:
This has been happening for the last few versions.

This is normal. Deserts (procedural) have dust clouds, so they should be colored as a surface.

Quote Ostarisk ()
Why is it that whenever I export a T_ V class brown dwarf...

Do yo use RC3? This bug has been fixed there.

Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
That happened in the installer, I think. When I downloaded the setup file and ran it, the default installation folder in the "install to:" field was incorrectly labelled to RC 2 instead of creating a new RC 3 folder. Strange that I forgot to post this error sooner.

It pointing to 0.974 folder by default, because it is 0.974 installer. You should always be careful then running installers. Shouldn't you?

simonecinque1992Date: Thursday, 23.06.2016, 09:55 | Message # 2910
Pioneer
Italy
I found a bug about clouds on terrestrial planets:

Same goes on Gas Giants (only with atmopshere):

And Brown Dwarves but both with atmosphere and without atmosphere..

Just found another bug:

But when you put atmosphere one it disappears (atleast):

Attachments: 2980085.jpg(221.5 Kb) · 4007291.jpg(208.5 Kb) · 5947194.jpg(173.5 Kb) · 8755321.jpg(169.1 Kb) · 0200902.jpg(177.2 Kb) · 2663499.jpg(173.8 Kb)

My Mods and Addons

Packard Bell
Windows 10 Pro
Intel® Celeron® CPU 1000M @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
4 GB
64 bit Operative System

Edited by simonecinque1992 - Thursday, 23.06.2016, 10:17

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Search: