Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
ZackGDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 03:43 | Message # 1981
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
Got a problem. apparently pressing F2 that brings the planet list appears to be flickering like it keeps rendering over and over.

MOBO:ASUS Sabertooth Mark I
CPU:Intel I7 4790 3.6Ghz
GPU:NVIDIA GTX960 4GB
Memory:32GB 1600Mhz (Corsair 4x8GB)

Edited by ZackG - Monday, 04.04.2016, 03:44

sinsforealDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 04:01 | Message # 1982
Space Pilot
United States
SpaceEngineer, So from this point on will you be working to get this on steam or will you still work because you have not completed everything in the planned features thread?

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

ZackGDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 04:30 | Message # 1983
Space Pilot
United States
Quote sinsforeal ()
SpaceEngineer, So from this point on will you be working to get this on steam or will you still work because you have not completed everything in the planned features thread?

Bad idea. that community is toxic as hell.

EDIT: I found a bug that there are duplicates of the star Alnitak. the duplicate is near Saiph, the workaround that I found was that the clone was part of the Hipparcos catalog CSV so I remove the Alnitak data from there. Here is the edited catalog. just put this in your catalog.pak and replace.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6yjjcja0qoz55n/HIPPARCOS.zip?dl=0

MOBO:ASUS Sabertooth Mark I
CPU:Intel I7 4790 3.6Ghz
GPU:NVIDIA GTX960 4GB
Memory:32GB 1600Mhz (Corsair 4x8GB)

Edited by ZackG - Monday, 04.04.2016, 05:49

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 06:30 | Message # 1984
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote ZackG ()
Bad idea. that community is toxic as hell.

Steam is also the largest digital distribution platform and would give SE a massive new audience. I think the positives outweigh any negatives.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

IdgeliosDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 06:52 | Message # 1985
Astronaut
United States
Yay! Oxygen on procedural terras helps with my sanity. The universe in RC1 hsd a hellish universe where barely any life grew and it seemed every other star system had worlds full of deadly chlorine. Now the universe is a much more sane place. I think even the brown dwarf distribution was addressed because I noticed in the star browser that there's many more red dwarves than brown dwarves even when combining all three classes of brown dwarf.

On the standpoint of troubles, procedural stars have a visual bug where their glowing dot spites do not render.

tovrin01Date: Monday, 04.04.2016, 07:51 | Message # 1986
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Long time lurker. First time poster.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Taking into account this, it's possible what I must take my words back. It's better to change to Vive, and completely remove Oculus support.

For the love of God, please don't. There's a lot of FUD being spread about the user agreement for Oculus, very little of it is true. Gizmodo tend to get most of their information from reddit which we know is a hotbed of fanboism right now. If you abandon the Rift now, you're hurting your fanbase .... many of whom have donated to the cause.

FireintheholeDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 08:25 | Message # 1987
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
There are two stars named Alnitak in Orion, and the belt is distorted:

Capella seems to be missing. It is, however, selectable and does show up once you fly to it.

Love SpaceEngine!

CygnusiaX1Date: Monday, 04.04.2016, 08:38 | Message # 1988
Observer
United States
I have a quick question...

With the new add-on system, how do we incorporate our outside data into the new version (the hires planet textures, new galaxies, catalog entries, shaders, etc...) Do we pack them in zips (with the changed extension, of course) and just plunk 'em in the folder? Or do we need to do anything else to make SE understand that these are textures, new entries for models, catalogs, so on and so forth?

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 09:55 | Message # 1989
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote ZackG ()
EDIT: I found a bug that there are duplicates of the star Alnitak. the duplicate is near Saiph, the workaround that I found was that the clone was part of the Hipparcos catalog CSV so I remove the Alnitak data from there. Here is the edited catalog. just put this in your catalog.pak and replace.

Very, very bad idea. You must never touch the game files. If you want to make a patch, simply save an updated csv file into data/catalogs/stars (you could zip in and rename to .pak). This is correct way. Modifying default game files is incorrect, or "bad taste" way.
Another way instead if editing csv - make a .sc script with Remove "Alnitak" and Remove "whatever name have it's duplicate", and new entry Star "Alnitak" (copy from BinStars.sc). This will patch the original catalog.

Quote CygnusiaX1 ()
With the new add-on system, how do we incorporate our outside data into the new version (the hires planet textures, new galaxies, catalog entries, shaders, etc...) Do we pack them in zips (with the changed extension, of course) and just plunk 'em in the folder? Or do we need to do anything else to make SE understand that these are textures, new entries for models, catalogs, so on and so forth?

You should follow the folder structure inside addons subfolder:
addons/catalogs/stars/
addons/catalogs/planets/
addons/catalogs/galaxies/
addons/textures/planets/
addons/textures/spacecraft/
etc

You may zip or may not zip files - to your decision. Here is example of correctly made addon (Interstellar ships and system): files in folders are packed into single pak file. Jut save this file into addons folder.

SE now automatically loads all .sc scripts for planets, stars etc. No need to add them to universe.cfg. The same for galaxy/nebula models and atmosphere models (yes you can add your own atmosphere model to your mod).

I will update addon-making tutorials on the forum after 0.974 release.

Old Solar system texture packs will work - just move them into addons/textures/planets/Earth etc.

yaqdarkDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 10:14 | Message # 1990
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
LOL. Yes, it works.

Taking into account this, it's possible what I must take my words back. It's better to change to Vive, and completely remove Oculus support.

Please make it work man, no rush, but one day please do. I can't imagine not flying around your universe without the rift forever.

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 10:18 | Message # 1991
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote yaqdark ()
Please make it work man, no rush, but one day please do. I can't imagine not flying around your universe without the rift forever.

LOL what a panic! I will make Oculus support, calm down!

FireintheholeDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 10:22 | Message # 1992
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
I can't get planetshine to work on Solar System planets. Procedural planets work just fine though.

Love SpaceEngine!

Pjj56Date: Monday, 04.04.2016, 10:59 | Message # 1993
Observer
United Kingdom
Trying out RC2 - the performance seems to be much better for me than RC1, which had a lot of stuttering. A couple of bugs though:

- I get weird effects sometimes when night-side lights are enabled, see this video.

- Not sure if it's due to out-of-date localisations, but the spacing after "Number of satellites" is too small:

Attachments: 2204256.jpg(425.1 Kb)

System: Windows 10, i5 3570k OC @ 4.2GHz, AMD HD7850 (2GB VRAM), 16GB RAM

Edited by Pjj56 - Monday, 04.04.2016, 11:01

DarkenTerraDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 11:50 | Message # 1994
Astronaut
China
Quote Donatelo200 ()
Actually the volcanoes and flows are behaving quite strangely.

This bug actrually appeared in the first version of 0.9.7.4, but it still hasn't been repaired until now. cry
So I guess the Author might be preparing to "create"new types of volcanoes to replace the current ones wacko

Who am I ?

tovrin01Date: Monday, 04.04.2016, 11:51 | Message # 1995
Observer
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
LOL what a panic! I will make Oculus support, calm down!

Thank you. Thank you. All praise the great SpaceEngineer! smile

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Search: