[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
yaqdarkDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 08:26 | Message # 1906
Astronaut
Group: Users
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Really? Do you have the CV1 to test? I have only DK2 and build with full Oculus runtime 0.8 support. It must work with CV1 if I code all correctly.

More accurately: it doesn't work with runtime 1.3 (i've tried with and without Oculus Home being open). I am actually using a DK2 but with 1.3 runtime.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Quote yaqdark ()
2) When diffraction spikes are set to simple, they can be seen even if the light source is below the horizon

They are supposed to work like that. They are used analytic shape of the body (formula), which obviously can't take into account landscape. Use this mode only from space.

Fair enough :)

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Quote yaqdark ()
) no canyons or caves (ok that's not really an issue)

Caves was not implemented in SE. Canyons are there, search more.

Will do!

Thanks for all, amazing person

NMS_AlistairDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 09:56 | Message # 1907
Observer
Group: Newbies
Italy
I'm having problems with the downloaded archive, for some reason it is damaged.
I tried both mirrors a couple of times but I still get a damaged archive.

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 10:06 | Message # 1908
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote NMS_Alistair ()
damaged archive.

When does that happens? Which program do you use?

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 10:06

NMS_AlistairDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 10:17 | Message # 1909
Observer
Group: Newbies
Italy
Quote Salvo ()
When does that happens? Which program do you use?

I'm using winrar

7zip doesn't even open the archive because doesn't recognize it as such

Edited by NMS_Alistair - Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 10:18

yaqdarkDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 12:02 | Message # 1910
Astronaut
Pirate
Space Engineer, if you want to get your DK2 working with 1.3 so you can test and implement, here's how:

Getting the DK2 working with Oculus Runtime 1.3

1) Uninstall your Oculus runtime and other software and restart NB: If upon restart your desktop is weird and no windows open, your Oculus needs to be turned off (in some cases it becomes the primary screen)
2) Download the software here: https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/
3) Run it and let it begin downloading the drivers
4) Download the latest Nvidia Drivers and install them in the meantime. Don't restart until the drivers have finished downloading on Oculus
5) Go through the wizard, setting up an account etc. When you get to the bits about setting up the CV1, just skip most of it, including the bit where you have to plug in your rift and get it to detect etc.
6) The Home will open and you'll get a warning about the DK2 not being supported. Put the DK2 on and you will see that is not the case.
7) In the DESKTOP version of Home (both are always open), go to settings > general > Allow unknown sources - switch this last on

Edited by yaqdark - Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 12:16

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 13:36 | Message # 1911
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
OMG they made new SDK which is not compatible with previous... Hey Oculus, this is really annoying! mad
Oh wait, it is not compatible with DK2? No words...

masterchief117kdDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 13:51 | Message # 1912
Astronaut
Canada
i've just updated my driver for my graphics card it's version is Radeon Software Version
16.3.2 ,Radeon Software Edition
Crimson,Graphics Chipset
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series and take a look at this the version of space enging is 1.9.7.4 + RC1

Attachments: 0623431.png(143.5 Kb)

Edited by masterchief117kd - Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 13:52

yaqdarkDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 14:16 | Message # 1913
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
OMG they made new SDK which is not compatible with previous... Hey Oculus, this is really annoying!
Oh wait, it is not compatible with DK2? No words...

It IS compatible with DK2, just not "supported". It works, as well as 0.8 did with the DK2. Please fix! smile

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 15:16 | Message # 1914
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote masterchief117kd ()
take a look at this

I don't understand where's the problem.

I mean... maybe it's just the anti-aliasing effect, did you tried to force the video-card to use AA? (In the configuration panel)

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

masterchief117kdDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 15:43 | Message # 1915
Astronaut
Canada
Quote Salvo ()
I don't understand where's the problem.

I mean... maybe it's just the anti-aliasing effect, did you tried to force the video-card to use AA? (In the configuration panel)

before i update the graphics card some of the planet wouldn't show up and after the update they all show up it's weird but i was amazed and there's no problemsithink my driver update fixed it

Edited by masterchief117kd - Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 15:47

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 16:02 | Message # 1916
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote yaqdark ()
It IS compatible with DK2, just not "supported". It works, as well as 0.8 did with the DK2. Please fix!

I taken a look at it, and unfortunately I can't update RC2 to work with runtime 1.3. In future I better implement OpenVR support, so SE will support both Oculus and HTC Vive. For now, to play SE in Oculus, you must set up Oculus runtime 0.8. You anyway must deal with a bunch of runtimes, as I did, because different games and demos are built for different runtime. Refusing backward compatibility is a bad politics of Oculus, I am not their slave to keep my project up to date each time they released a new runtime version. I think many developers will agree with me. And many gamers, because they are forced to reinstall runtime each time they want to play some game that it not support the latest runtime.

yaqdarkDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 16:43 | Message # 1917
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
I taken a look at it, and unfortunately I can't update RC2 to work with runtime 1.3. In future I better implement OpenVR support, so SE will support both Oculus and HTC Vive. For now, to play SE in Oculus, you must set up Oculus runtime 0.8. You anyway must deal with a bunch of runtimes, as I did, because different games and demos are built for different runtime. Refusing backward compatibility is a bad politics of Oculus, I am not their slave to keep my project up to date each time they released a new runtime version. I think many developers will agree with me. And many gamers, because they are forced to reinstall runtime each time they want to play some game that it not support the latest runtime.

It is your choice, but 1.3 is the official runtime, 0.8 was development. If you fix for 1.3, it will very likely work for all future runtimes.

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 16:57 | Message # 1918
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
I just set up 0.8 back, without uninstalling 1.3, and surprisingly, all works fine! So you can have both 0.8 and 1.3 simultaneously.

yaqdarkDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 17:44 | Message # 1919
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
I just set up 0.8 back, without uninstalling 1.3, and surprisingly, all works fine! So you can have both 0.8 and 1.3 simultaneously.

How did you do that?? I just installed 0.8 runtime SDK and now the 1.3 oculus app won't open?

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 19:21 | Message # 1920
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Oh, indeed, 1.3 does not work anymore.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Search: