[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
ZackGDate: Friday, 18.03.2016, 23:21 | Message # 1861
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
Quote SpaceHopper ()
Oh, and I just noticed another problem. This happens to black holes at the center of clusters

Im not having this issue when looking at the Omega Centauri Black hole. What is your specs? because that looks like your GPU is artifacting

MOBO:ASUS Sabertooth Mark I
CPU:Intel I7 4790 3.6Ghz
GPU:NVIDIA GTX960 4GB
Memory:32GB 1600Mhz (Corsair 4x8GB)

TerranDate: Friday, 18.03.2016, 23:29 | Message # 1862
Observer
United States
Quote JackDole ()
I have repeatedly noted that objects are only visible under certain viewing angles.

I have encountered this issue before. For me it was only when the center of the asteroid fell off of the screen tho. But what you have described sounds exactly what happens to me when incorrect or unrealistic arguments are put in for objects, a conflict with something, for example when an orbital path is "out of bounds" or incorrectly intercepting other orbits in my custom made systems this occurs.

"To comprehend all that can be... but to not even grasp that which is..."
Processor: Intel i7 , 4 GHz | RAM: 16 GB | OS: Windows 8.1 , 64 bit | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 , 2048 D.V.M. | DirectX: 11.0

JackDoleDate: Saturday, 19.03.2016, 00:08 | Message # 1863
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote Terran ()
But what you have described sounds exactly what happens to me when incorrect or unrealistic arguments are put in for objects, a conflict with something, for example when an orbital path is "out of bounds" or incorrectly intercepting other orbits in my custom made systems this occurs.

I do not think so. You can watch the script that I use to generate the asteroid. It does not contain any illegal parameter.

And like I said:
Quote JackDole ()
I think I've found the problem.

if 'ParentBody "Earth"' is replaced with 'ParentBody "Earth-Moon"', the asteroids appear normal. Only the orbital periods are then wrong.

Don't forget to look here.

cah9tlanDate: Saturday, 19.03.2016, 11:15 | Message # 1864
Observer
Pirate
parameciumkid, No offence taken smile .

SpaceEngineer,
Did you installed the most recent ATI driver? Try clean driver and SE install, try with and without atioglxx.dll in the system folder.

I've done almost everything before asking for help. The first step - I've installed the latest driver for my system ( XP ) 14-4 . As I recall the problem was there too , but I didn't recognise it well because of atmosphere masking the tracks of the problem ( I wasn't aware of how detect it at the moment ) . Then I was to return to version 12-6 with complete deletion (aka DDU) Cause 14-4 was messing heavily with the soft installed ( as I mentioned first and foremost that is my workbench PC not a home one ) . And as you saw I've installed the previous cleaner than clean version of 0.973 and it has that glitch as well .

I have also extracted the atioglxx.dll from 14-4 for my card ( yours causes crash) and placed it into SE\system folder. But it changed nothing except the upgraded version of opengl used by SE. So now I'm settled for the half-planet ( Half a loaf is better than none cool and terras are not that common in the universe )

ps. And I didn't bring up how much I've tinkered with main.cfg used either native and tweaked .
pps. Now I'll try and run SE 974 from scratch (post#1) just to be thorough completely but I'm 99,9% certain it's a dead end ( in that case 0.973 would've worked too as I said before ): UPDATE Nope, No dice .

Edited by cah9tlan - Saturday, 19.03.2016, 13:46

oliverDate: Saturday, 19.03.2016, 14:46 | Message # 1865
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
You know, I was about to post a topic suggesting that a mobile app should be made, but clearly some bugs need to be fixed long before we consider that LOL

sinsforealDate: Saturday, 19.03.2016, 14:52 | Message # 1866
Space Pilot
United States
oliver, Space engine is a very resource intensive program. Phones and tablets do not meet the minimum requirements to smoothly run space engine. But if you mean dumbing down the program to make it run. Well I don't think the engineer would like that because he has not even finished the stock program yet and he would have to write the code for the app from scratch. But if you mean that there should be a mobile app that allows you to save your locations and share it. That isn't that bad of an idea

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

Destructor1701Date: Saturday, 19.03.2016, 15:37 | Message # 1867
Pioneer
Ireland
Quote Breno ()
Is it just me or is anyone else having pretty bad fps drops near black holes? And they also look kinda distorted.

Breno - that blackness in the distortion effect looks like a failure to render the off-camera views to the distortion shader - it's not rendering the skybox that the shader uses to bend light from objects outside your field of view. The lag is possibly coming from that process failing, too.

I'm not sure how that helps you... but I thought I ought to say what I saw.

Edited by Destructor1701 - Saturday, 19.03.2016, 15:39

SpaceHopperDate: Saturday, 19.03.2016, 16:28 | Message # 1868
Explorer
United States
Quote ZackG ()
What is your specs? because that looks like your GPU is artifacting

My GPU is a Intel HD Graphics 5500, with 6223 MB under "Total Available Graphics Memory". Is that how I'm supposed to report it? 'Cause I've never had to look up my specs before.

3.14% of all seafarers are PIrates.
Got Mole Problems? Call Avogadro at 602-1023
Google Search my picture to discover whom it depicteth.

JackDoleDate: Saturday, 19.03.2016, 16:40 | Message # 1869
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote SpaceHopper ()
Is that how I'm supposed to report it? 'Cause I've never had to look up my specs before.

The best method is to post the SE.log file. It is located in the folder \(SpaceEngine)\system. This file contains all the necessary information.

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Saturday, 19.03.2016, 16:40

ElitecomentarisDate: Sunday, 20.03.2016, 00:42 | Message # 1870
Observer
Mexico
Hello, everyone. I've recently downloaded the RC1 and I've been looking for rocky planets with oxygen levels akin to those here on Earth, up to no avail. I'm wondering if such planets are currently non-existing or just really rare. And I'm talking about free-oxygen levels, not the oxygen on H20 which is actually commonly found on many planets.

Edited by Elitecomentaris - Sunday, 20.03.2016, 03:29

Donatelo200Date: Sunday, 20.03.2016, 03:24 | Message # 1871
Explorer
United States
Pretty positive the lack of oxygen is a bug. It's fixed RC2 which has yet to be released

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

ElitecomentarisDate: Sunday, 20.03.2016, 03:27 | Message # 1872
Observer
Mexico
Ah, that's good to know, thanks.

BrenoDate: Sunday, 20.03.2016, 03:31 | Message # 1873
Observer
Brazil
Quote Destructor1701 ()
Breno - that blackness in the distortion effect looks like a failure to render the off-camera views to the distortion shader - it's not rendering the skybox that the shader uses to bend light from objects outside your field of view. The lag is possibly coming from that process failing, too.

I'm not sure how that helps you... but I thought I ought to say what I saw.

Thanks! Apparently it was some corrupted file or something like that. I reinstalled SE and the strange rendering problem got solved, but the lag persists, and I just figured out that neutron stars have the same performance problem.

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 20.03.2016, 12:37 | Message # 1874
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Pause time - SE will stop update the skybox used in distortion shader. Solitary black holes and neutron stars must have no performance drop, because their skybox updated once.

SnowfallDate: Monday, 21.03.2016, 22:15 | Message # 1875
Space Tourist
Canada
Are there any plans to improve the planet surface/cloud generators in the next update? Right now all the planets look the same after visiting like 5 of them, so far the only thing different between the generated planets are the colours and the size of a few select different features that just feel overly repeated everywhere. ^^;

also, a lot of smaller generated asteroids rotate all lopsided and off center. they spin really strange.

sorry for my dyslexia.

never stop imagining beautiful things.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Search: