Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
MosfetDate: Thursday, 10.03.2016, 23:46 | Message # 1786
World Builder
Group: Users
Italy
Chlorine trifluoride (ClF3) higly corrosive used in industrial processes and nuclear reprocessing. extremely reactive with anything organic or not, mostly explosive reactions, even with water. it's dangerous even as rocket propellant. Wikipaedia dixit :)
In a Dante's version of a planetary system, a planet with this compound in atmosphere could be called "Inferno". :)

ProtoJeb21, I see no problems in a freshly installed windows 10 (plus inexplicable three hours of new updates), only pay attention to folder permissions.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Thursday, 10.03.2016, 23:56

SnowfallDate: Friday, 11.03.2016, 02:18 | Message # 1787
Space Tourist
Canada
Do brown dwarfs heat up planets properly in the latest patches? I'm thinking of this post http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/11-3249-1 also giving brown dwarfs a custom texture map seems to make them glitch out.

There seems to be a glitch with the titan atmosphere model too. if the atmospheric pressure is above 1 bar, custom cloud maps with any transparency value glitch out making the transparent alpha areas turn black and solid. its really strange.

The new addon file system looks awesome. it gets to be really painful when updating the universe file all the time when moving my addons from one version of space engine to another. keep up the good work. still lots of work that needs to be done yet though!!

sorry for my dyslexia.

never stop imagining beautiful things.

the_nerervarineDate: Friday, 11.03.2016, 07:08 | Message # 1788
Space Pilot
United States
I was thinking of where to post this and I feel that this is the best place for this. Anyway now that 9.7.4's release is imminent and so much work and improvements were made from 9.7.3 that I can't even begin to imagine what 9.7.5 or whatever the next release will be called will even be like. That said what do you think should be the next major feature implemented in Space Engine? Personally I would love to see truly procedural nebulae and galaxies. Perhaps quasars too.

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

DeathStarDate: Friday, 11.03.2016, 12:29 | Message # 1789
Pioneer
Croatia
Quote the_nerervarine ()
Personally I would love to see truly procedural nebulae and galaxies

I completely second this. I too personally think that nebulae and galaxies deserve some attention, but I'll be fine with anything else too, considering the fact that all "realism features" will be implemented sooner or later(including procedural nebulae and galaxies).

SnowfallDate: Friday, 11.03.2016, 21:39 | Message # 1790
Space Tourist
Canada
Quote the_nerervarine ()
procedural nebulae and galaxies

I would love to see this too. but i really fear the generator will have them looking uniform and obviously generated looking, like all the other generated planets and stars in space engine, without the preset realistic textures.

sorry for my dyslexia.

never stop imagining beautiful things.

Pjj56Date: Friday, 11.03.2016, 22:56 | Message # 1791
Observer
United Kingdom
SpaceEngineer, not sure how useful this is - these are values for most of the smaller hydrocarbons for Jupiter, and some others. They vary wildly at different pressures, so I've included the different ones I could find. Also, what do the values in the react column represent?
Attachments: Jupiter_atmo.txt(3.2 Kb)

System: Windows 10, i5 3570k OC @ 4.2GHz, AMD HD7850 (2GB VRAM), 16GB RAM

Oatmeal_SpigeonDate: Saturday, 12.03.2016, 00:32 | Message # 1792
Space Tourist
New Zealand
Quote the_nerervarine ()
Personally I would love to see truly procedural nebulae and galaxies. Perhaps quasars too.

I'm eagerly waiting for 3D plants and rocks to be implemented
Oh, and another thing, will parachutes be added to spacecraft at some point?

"I am neither Oatmeal Spigeon Nor Oatmeal Spigeon Nor."

Edited by Oatmeal_Spigeon - Saturday, 12.03.2016, 23:36

SpaceHopperDate: Saturday, 12.03.2016, 03:15 | Message # 1793
Explorer
United States
Speaking of procedural nebulae...In RC1, when I go to a procedural planetary nebula or supernova remnant, there's no star in the center there, like there used to be in previous versions. I know, I probably should have read some earlier posts, but I'm afraid I'm the kind of guy who tends to skip through certain things. Does anyone else have this issue, and can it currently be fixed? If not, are there plans or something to fix it in a future version of the beta, or in the final 0.974?

3.14% of all seafarers are PIrates.
Got Mole Problems? Call Avogadro at 602-1023
Google Search my picture to discover whom it depicteth.

LookAtDatDakkaDate: Saturday, 12.03.2016, 04:19 | Message # 1794
Explorer
United States
SpaceEngineer, can you remove accretion disk around black hole from the polls because it has been implemented.

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

Edited by LookAtDatDakka - Sunday, 13.03.2016, 06:19

KoshDate: Saturday, 12.03.2016, 04:52 | Message # 1795
Space Tourist
United States
I already know about bug of the music player crashing in SE RC1 being reported. I noticed also the music player does not play the entire music tracts length of each song while playing them; it seems to fade out each track early during playback. Has anybody else noticed this?

FireintheholeDate: Saturday, 12.03.2016, 12:18 | Message # 1796
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Quote the_nerervarine ()
Personally I would love to see truly procedural nebulae and galaxies. Perhaps quasars too.

This, and volumetric, shadowing clouds is what I'm most excited over in SpaceEngine. smile

Love SpaceEngine!

parameciumkidDate: Saturday, 12.03.2016, 15:05 | Message # 1797
Explorer
United States
Quote LookAtDatDakka ()
acceleration disk

I figure someone should tell you that it's called an accretion disk - accretion is spelled similar to acceleration, but is a different phenomenon. Just trying to be helpful ;)

And to SpaceHopper: They were apparently removed (hopefully temporarily) due to some bug or other. With any luck SpaceEngineer will get them back in soon.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

huishbDate: Saturday, 12.03.2016, 17:55 | Message # 1798
Astronaut
Pirate
I used to think it was called an acceleration disk as well wacko

Possessor: AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Possessor (CPUs), ~3.6 GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM. Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610. Approx total memory: 4045 MB

Tangle10Date: Saturday, 12.03.2016, 18:37 | Message # 1799
Space Pilot
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
SE have a fake code to add oxygen if there is life present (with some probability), but not fluorine.

Does this refer to the currently-in-development version, or RC1? I'm assuming RC1 with the mention of "fake code".

Tips for finding Earth-Like planets: Look for F, G, or K Class stars. M class habitables will almost always be tidelocked. Oceanias can, of course, also be habitable, they just have tiny amounts of land.

atmevictorDate: Sunday, 13.03.2016, 02:55 | Message # 1800
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Have hose bugs been documented? Attached.

EDIT

Please delete. I didn't knew how to upload images, made a new post

Edited by atmevictor - Sunday, 13.03.2016, 12:56

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Search: