Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 01:38 | Message # 1741
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Next version looks like its definitely going to make making, adding, and managing mods much easier smile

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Thomas988Date: Friday, 04.03.2016, 01:48 | Message # 1742
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Some news about work progress on RC2. A lot of changes, because I want to make 0.974 as much Steam-fruendly as I can. This mean what SE must have full support of patching and installing mods by just adding files, without necessity of editing some default files such as universe.cfg.

Fantastic! As always, so many awesome features! I can't wait for the new modding system and seamless textures. biggrin

All you need in life are space games and typhlosions.

Destructor1701Date: Friday, 04.03.2016, 04:36 | Message # 1743
Pioneer
Ireland
Wow! So many improvements!

What is the new Warp Drive physics model like? How does it differ from the old one?

And will neutron star coronae be making a comeback?

aquasoniqDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 10:34 | Message # 1744
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
I know that this is not main feature of SE but still waiting for improvements in ships piloting, atmospheric flights etc. mamba

JackDoleDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 11:23 | Message # 1745
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
Next version looks like its definitely going to make making, adding, and managing mods much easier

Not for me. Except that I no longer need my SE_Start.bat. At least not to manage my addons. What at the start maybe a few seconds saved. biggrin cool

My addon folder structure:

Somewhere here I once explained how I do it.

The only drawback is that the shader I have in my addon folder, I can not update with F5 or Ctrl-F5.

Attachments: 6343936.jpg(95.5 Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Friday, 04.03.2016, 11:29

jonasnordlundDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 12:41 | Message # 1746
Observer
Pirate
Awesome to hear about the simplified modding support!

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 13:56 | Message # 1747
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Forgot to mention, atmosphere model script (atmosphere.cfg) is also support modding. Now one can add a file addons/models/atmospheres/mymodel.cfg, and new atmosphere model will be generated and saved there, so you can use it with your planets. For example, old models Pinkworld and Greenworld can be restored that way.

Quote JackDole ()
The only drawback is that the shader I have in my addon folder, I can not update with F5 or Ctrl-F5.

Now this work for shaders in the addons/shaders folder.

SpicaDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 14:19 | Message # 1748
Astronaut
Germany
Does this mean there is a chance, that 0.974 could be released on Steam with Workshop-Support? This will introduce Space Engine to a much broader audience!

Even without Steam, the new modding system is a great addition. I'm looking forward to it biggrin

Spica

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD Phenom II X4 4x3.2 GHz
8 Gb RAM DDR3
GeForce GTX 650 TI 1024 Mb

PlutonianEmpireDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 20:15 | Message # 1749
Pioneer
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Forgot to mention, atmosphere model script (atmosphere.cfg) is also support modding. Now one can add a file addons/models/atmospheres/mymodel.cfg, and new atmosphere model will be generated and saved there, so you can use it with your planets. For example, old models Pinkworld and Greenworld can be restored that way.

And how well our computer can do it will still be limited by our graphics cards, correct?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Master_RamboDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 23:28 | Message # 1750
Space Tourist
United States
Quote Rodrigo ()
Giant

Same here, No red giants in RC1.

Edited by Master_Rambo - Friday, 04.03.2016, 23:28

therealprincebowserkoopajDate: Saturday, 05.03.2016, 05:10 | Message # 1751
Observer
Pirate
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
This is unlikely in the extreme. Xenon is a noble gas, which means that it's very unreactive, so it is unlikely to form compounds with other elements, which makes it useless for biology.

Xenon actually forms compounds with Fluorine readily and can with water to create various xenon oxides and can also bond with chlorine under microwave radiation creating xenon dichloride. Unlikely never means impossible.

Quote DeathStar ()
No, it's not possible, or at least so absurdly unlikely(as HarbringerDawn said), that it probably doesn't exist even in our vast universe. I don't have an "Earth bias", I just know basic chemistry. Life based on xenon(or any other noble gas for that matter) is only marginally more likely than life that evolves and lives in outer space, considering how inert noble gases are.

Who knows, Stephen Hawking himself has brought up the possibility of incredibly exotic forms of life formed by unlikely or extraordinary processes. The DNA molecule and several microorganisms we know of do have the ability to persist in space after all.

The_Watcher5292Date: Saturday, 05.03.2016, 16:50 | Message # 1752
Observer
United Kingdom
Earth is invisible all i can see is the green poles please help [color=blue] [size=7]

JackDoleDate: Saturday, 05.03.2016, 18:33 | Message # 1753
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
The_Watcher5292,
in the system folder within your SpaceEngine installation is a file SE.log. Please post it here.

Don't forget to look here.

HimselfDate: Saturday, 05.03.2016, 19:12 | Message # 1754
Astronaut
United States
Another note on the xenon issue is that xenon may not be the sole component of the atmosphere, just the only one present in any notable abundence. I have not gotten 0.9.7.4 to work, so I do not know how sensitive the atmospheric composition is to gasses in low abundance, but minor gasses can be important. Carbon dioxide is only about 0.04% of Earth's atmosphere but it is still important to plant life. The xenon atmosphere could even be a product of life, as organisms sequestered more reactive elements from the atmosphere, leaving behind the rather inert xenon.

sent808Date: Saturday, 05.03.2016, 23:55 | Message # 1755
Astronaut
Pirate
Really looking forward RC2. But what are the ``New GUI skins´´??

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Search: