[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
MajorTomDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 12:17 | Message # 1726
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Germany
abrasax,

torrent itself is legal, ok. i close here the topic.... its not the place for filesharing...... thx guys for the answers.... i find another way.... i german we say " ein gebranntes Kind scheut das Feuer" in english "a burnt child dreads the fire"... sad

Win 7 64bit, Intel i5, 3GHz, 4GB RAM, HD2500 Onboard. 0.974_RC3 works very good
Win 7 64bit, AMD X4 955, 3,4GHz, 8 GB RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX960 DC2OC. 0.974_RC3 works very good

Edited by MajorTom - Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 12:27

yaqdarkDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 18:32 | Message # 1727
Astronaut
Pirate
Hi guys, Oculus Rift mode won't select any more. Anybody know why that might be? It was the same in release 8. I click the radial button but it won't select (it happily selects all the other ones though).

EDIT: Nevermind, it's because I wasn't using the correct Runtime (I was using 0.7, and it only works on 0.8 now)

MASSIVE difference switching to 0.8

Buttery smooth FPS (constant 75hz) and all the interfaces are now Oculus optimised.

Thanks Mr. Engineer smile

Edited by yaqdark - Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 19:26

parameciumkidDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 19:54 | Message # 1728
Explorer
United States
Can I have just one second of everyone's time to mention something?
This here is called an ellipsis: "..."
It represents the speaker trailing off or awkwardly pausing. Ever had a conversation in which someone's talking and stops for a second or two, just long enough that you think they're done, but as soon as you want to respond they start talking again? That's basically what an ellipsis represents.

So when your post is like this... and you just type ellipses... after every clause in place of real punctuation... it's really annoying to read... and honestly makes you sound like an idiot.

Now I'm not saying anyone here IS an idiot - English is said to be the hardest of all languages, and language barriers are an all-too-common difficulty people face on the internet. Just a pro tip ;)
Sorry for derailing the thread. We can go back on topic now xP

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

the_nerervarineDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 20:03 | Message # 1729
Space Pilot
United States
Quote parameciumkid ()
It represents the speaker trailing off or awkwardly pausing. Ever had a conversation in which someone's talking and stops for a second or two, just long enough that you think they're done, but as soon as you want to respond they start talking again? That's basically what an ellipsis represents.

So when your post is like this... and you just type ellipses... after every clause in place of real punctuation... it's really annoying to read... and honestly makes you sound like an idiot.

Now I'm not saying anyone here IS an idiot - English is said to be the hardest of all languages, and language barriers are an all-too-common difficulty people face on the internet. Just a pro tip ;)
Sorry for derailing the thread. We can go back on topic now xP

This really isn't something to get so worked up about. English is one of the hardest languages and one of the hardest things for many to grasp(Including people whose first language is English) is all the rules and punctuation's and alternate spellings. I'm sure this post alone has a ton of grammatical errors.

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

anarchicxaDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 21:13 | Message # 1730
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Quote parameciumkid ()

Careful there buddy, your high school is showing.

HimselfDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 01:20 | Message # 1731
Astronaut
United States
So I've been troubleshooting the issue of crashing on the splash screen and trying to eliminate possibilities. It seems, from reading this thread, that the problem comes from a graphics card that is not compatible with OpenGL 3.3, but I seem to be getting conflicting information as to whether my graphics card supports it.

Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T processor 2.80Ghz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5670

Log file added per procedure.

Attachments: 3787248.log(7.3 Kb)

LookAtDatDakkaDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 04:34 | Message # 1732
Explorer
United States
Will Space Engine support Vulkan which was released few weeks ago?

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 10:14 | Message # 1733
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote MajorTom ()
Hi Spaceenginer,
another question..... the all planet textures in addons... can u link to another site maybe called "uploaded" or another hoster? Here in Germany ANY person they used torrents is in fact a criminal by law. many lawyer search people in germany they share files over torrent and send them an statement of claim (by an Datavolume from 32GB most likely) ... for my person i will download the textures but no chance over torrent.... is there any way?

OMG really? What a stupid laws... Here in Russia we are going in the same direction, blocking out Internet, censouring everything and making everything illegal... It's time to look for another planet.
Anyway, you can download individual files for each planet by direct links, they are on the download page. For example, Earth: http://en.spaceengine.org/load/additional/earth/3-1-0-20

MajorTomDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 11:16 | Message # 1734
Space Tourist
Germany
SpaceEngineer,

thx for your answer... i downloaded the actually textures by your links.... in future i will uploaded a 7zip file with the textures on uploaded.net.....

Win 7 64bit, Intel i5, 3GHz, 4GB RAM, HD2500 Onboard. 0.974_RC3 works very good
Win 7 64bit, AMD X4 955, 3,4GHz, 8 GB RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX960 DC2OC. 0.974_RC3 works very good

SalvoDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 13:59 | Message # 1735
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
It's time to look for another planet.

I guess it's easier to just change country biggrin

Quote LookAtDatDakka ()
Will Space Engine support Vulkan which was released few weeks ago?

SpaceEngine is already based on OpenGL, SpaceEngineer should modify the whole program for that wacko

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

second-ichDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 16:01 | Message # 1736
Space Pilot
Germany
Quote MajorTom ()
Here in Germany ANY person they used torrents is in fact a criminal by law. many lawyer search people in germany they share files over torrent and send them an statement of claim (by an Datavolume from 32GB most likely)

This is not correct, using torrent in Germany is legal (depending on the files you are sharing) however some providers have a data restriction for peer to peer.

Also whether lawyer nor the police is allowed to put up honeypots, provide illegal files to turn you in.

Edited by second-ich - Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 16:03

The_BlazerDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 17:48 | Message # 1737
Space Tourist
Italy
Quote second-ich ()
using torrent in Germany is legal

What about seeding? If seeding (but not leeching) is illegal, it is very possible that people may have gotten charged for seeding without knowing it, because almost all torrent clients will automatically seed while/after leeching without informing the user. Not to say that making seeding illegal is right (in fact, it is insane, torrents are just another way to exchange files, what's next, making CTRL+C illegal because it allows you to make copies of copyrighted music?).

Back onto Space Engine. I'm just curious, are there any particular plans for the direction of development after the release of 0.974? What about the poll?

EDIT: I've got an actual bug report. It (apparently) concerns the in-game recording tool only. Recording with a very high level of detail (+2.0 in my case, which works fine for normal gameplay (as long as nVidia Shadowplay is disabled) causes clouds to appear broken. I've tested this with different codecs and it happens either way. On the other hand, lower LODs look "fine" (as in, not broken). Here are two stills from videos recorded with +2.0 and -2.0 LOD settings.

Born too early to explore space... But just in time for Space Engine.

PC Specs:
GTX 770 (2GB VRAM) - i5 4570 - 8GB RAM

Edited by The_Blazer - Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 20:49

second-ichDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 19:04 | Message # 1738
Space Pilot
Germany
Quote The_Blazer ()
What about seeding?

There is no problem with it, as long the content is legal (like your own program or a picture of your backyard). Even Microsoft uses a peer to peer network to distribute their updates.

But this is really going off topic so this is my last comment to the subject.

Edited by second-ich - Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 19:06

LookAtDatDakkaDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 00:24 | Message # 1739
Explorer
United States
This bug is getting much worse.

$IMAGE1$

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

Edited by LookAtDatDakka - Friday, 04.03.2016, 00:41

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 01:12 | Message # 1740
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Some news about work progress on RC2. A lot of changes, because I want to make 0.974 as much Steam-fruendly as I can. This mean what SE must have full support of patching and installing mods by just adding files, without necessity of editing some default files such as universe.cfg.

• Changed directory structure - "data" and "addons" folder are provided, which have identical internal structure (textures, models etc subfolders) and work in parallel
  • New addon installing system - copying addon files and folders or a single pak file to the "addons" folder
  • Duplicate entry of any object in a catalog file is updating/patching the older entry (entry in older file) - no need to edit default catalog files to install a patch or mod
  • Automatic search for catalog files through default directories - no need to edit the universe.cfg to install a catalog patch, mod or addon
  • Automatic search for galaxy/nebula model scripts through default directories - no need to edit the models.cfg to install a model patch, mod or addon

This is still WIP, but I have some excited results. Many kind of mods or patches now can be installed by dropping a single .pak file into "addons" directory. Even complex "full franchise addons" with any set of objects supported by SE. For example, "Star Wars" addon may include not only ships, but all planetary systems and even fictional galaxy with custom model for it. And all this may be packed into single .pak file and copied into "addons" folder.

Any new .pak file or unpacked addons may be be copied in "addons" or "data" directory - they are work in parallel. But "addons" folder now should be used only for addons, and "data" for patches and updates of the basic SE. SE reads duplicating files by creation time priority as before. This mean what if some patch or addon have a file "SolarSys.sc" inside it, it will override the default SolarSys.sc file. But this also mean what new patches may override old addons, and this is correct - old addons may not work with the new SE versions.

The new feature is what individual script entry for any kind of object (galaxy, star, planet etc) can patch/override the older one, also by the file creation time priority. This was done in 0.973 for stars, and now extended for all kind of objects. For example, someone now can make an addon with alternate textures for Mars by adding an .sc file with new script for Mars, which have links to these alternate textures. Installing is easy - by copying the single .pak file into "addons" folder.

Also, shaders are moved into "data" folder, so overriding by corresponding files in the "addons" folder is possible. Multiple times if using .pak files with different names.

Managing of addons is possible by manual moving the .pak files outside SE directory. But I planning to add a GUI menu where addons can be enabled/disabled. However, SE engine don't support updating of it's internal data structures in RAM on-the-fly, so restart will be needed to apply changes.

Full changelog:

•  
    Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
    Search: