Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
huishbDate: Friday, 12.02.2016, 15:34 | Message # 1486
Astronaut
Group: Users
Pirate
Hi guys, i really need help with lag. ever since the patch 8 release, every time i'm near a black hole, white dwarf, neutron star, with or without accretion disks, my game fps drops to 3-2. ANYTHING with gravitational lensing or an accretion disk lags my game to death. I need help! in the past updates, black holes, etc have never lagged my game before... any help suggestions?

my specs are below. if you need my log file, go to the troubleshooting thread.

Possessor: AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Possessor (CPUs), ~3.6 GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM. Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610. Approx total memory: 4045 MB

kadeshvDate: Friday, 12.02.2016, 16:37 | Message # 1487
Observer
Spain
why almost everyone can see acretion disks from black holes with this mini patch and i cannot see them yet?

BambusmanDate: Friday, 12.02.2016, 18:46 | Message # 1488
Pioneer
Group: SE team
Germany
kadeshv, not all black holes have accretion disks.
are you sure you installed the patch and deleted the cache folder?

SalvoDate: Friday, 12.02.2016, 19:09 | Message # 1489
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
SpaceEngineer, what are you working on right now? smile

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

panatpongDate: Friday, 12.02.2016, 20:39 | Message # 1490
Observer
Group: Newbies
Thailand
He might be working on something like this for us. :D
Gravitational Waves

Edited by panatpong - Saturday, 13.02.2016, 20:48

ScruffygamerDate: Saturday, 13.02.2016, 03:41 | Message # 1491
Astronaut
United States
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEOeo6yBTfw

Looks like SpaceEngine and Universe Sandbox 2 got married

kadeshvDate: Saturday, 13.02.2016, 10:20 | Message # 1492
Observer
Spain
Quote Bambusman ()
kadeshv, not all black holes have accretion disks.
are you sure you installed the patch and deleted the cache folder?

yep, i deleted cache and installed 0.9.7.4 patch, maybe there are only a little number of black holes with acretion discs. lets find them

SalvoDate: Saturday, 13.02.2016, 11:22 | Message # 1493
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote panatpong ()
He might be working on something like this for us. :D

Yeah, that would be awesome! Unfortunately simulating Gravitational Waves would be a nightmare, even decaying orbits would be almost impossible to implement at this stage... sad

Anyway, I've never tried to put two black holes so near, I wonder what would happen...

Quote Scruffygamer ()
Looks like SpaceEngine and Universe Sandbox 2 got married

Ignoring the fact that it doesn't belong to this thread, I'm not very impressed, at least for what concerns animations and visual effects. It has a bunch of interesting features though.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

bzzommboDate: Saturday, 13.02.2016, 15:18 | Message # 1494
Observer
Pirate
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
It's supposed to work on XP. Anyway, XP is not supported by Microsoft anymore, this makes it an undesirable operating system since security flaws won't be patched anymore, so your system is very vulnerable. You really should switch to a newer OS.

I know, but the problem is complex. 0.9.7.2. worked good until I encountered some planet with dense atmosfere and/or water, 0.9.7.3. didn't work at all and now I'm afraid if you changed anything with 0.9.7.4.
When there was a planet with water in 0.9.7.2., the planet appeared "spiky" - very thin mountains exploding from the surface of the planet.
My PC specs (I'm changing my PC in a few months to a complete monster):
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4850
CPU: Intel I5 750
RAM: 3 GB
Windows XP SP3

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 13.02.2016, 18:04 | Message # 1495
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Patch 08 don't work on XP because was compiled without xp compatibility option. Next patch will work on XP.

thomasnelson933Date: Saturday, 13.02.2016, 18:13 | Message # 1496
Observer
Pirate
I installed 0.9.7.4 and the planets and stars disappeared. I go to a planet and it is nowhere to be found, just a blank space. Please fix! cry

BambusmanDate: Saturday, 13.02.2016, 18:48 | Message # 1497
Pioneer
Group: SE team
Germany
thomasnelson933, did you installed the game right? you have to install patch 0974 over patch 0973.
can you post your log file?

PsauceDate: Saturday, 13.02.2016, 20:24 | Message # 1498
Space Tourist
United States
Thanks for the continued work SE! Best software for viewing the universe in existence. Keep it up! ok

Alpha_LyraeDate: Saturday, 13.02.2016, 21:25 | Message # 1499
Observer
United States
Hello again,

After some fiddling around with the settings, I discovered what it was that was causing the immediate crash upon startup. It was the surfaces of rocky planets. For some reason or other, if I have planets enabled or attempt to look at the planetary system submenu, the engine goes kaput. Unfortunately, the error message I get is nonspecific and doesn't tell me whether it's a rendering issue, a missing file issue, or a memory issue. I SUSPECT it's the latter as the engine will also do the same when moving quickly through particularly dense globular clusters. It also does it frequently when anisotropy is disabled, though I'm not sure why that is. Reducing landscape LOD doesn't seem to have helped it.

Anyway, I managed to get free of crash upon startup by systematically disabling different objects and then fleeing into the intergalactic medium, so now I can look at galaxies and the new stars and nebulae. The new brown dwarves and black holes are a delight to look at. One thing I was curious about though graphically was why neutron stars no longer have the dramatic coronae that they used to. Is this an esthetic thing or is it a bug?

I'm also not sure how to tell whether color shift is working or not. I'm slightly colorblind when it comes to blues.

Anyway, I guess thus far I have two questions a) is there anything I can/should do to ease the burden and attempt to regain the ability to look at planets without crashing the game and b) I've noticed a lot of active galaxies seem to lack supermassive black hole S*. I assume this is an issue regarding catalog stars.

Thanks for your help.

FireintheholeDate: Saturday, 13.02.2016, 22:00 | Message # 1500
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Quote thomasnelson933 ()
I installed 0.9.7.4 and the planets and stars disappeared. I go to a planet and it is nowhere to be found, just a blank space. Please fix!

First, you install 0.9.7.2, then, on top of that, you install 0.9.7.3. Then, on top of that, you install the 0.9.7.4.

Love SpaceEngine!

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Search: